UROS FLOATING ISLANDSThe Uros descend from a millennial town that, according to legends, are “pukinas” who speak Uro or Pukina and that believe they are the owners of the lake and water.
The Uros use bundles of dried totora reeds to make reed boats (balsas mats), and to make the islands themselves.
The larger islands house about ten families, while smaller ones, only about thirty meters wide, house only two or three.
The islets are made of totora reeds, which grow in the lake.
- 08:30 hrs. Transfer from your hotel in downtown.
- 09:00 hrs. Departure to floating islands and Taquile.
- 09:30 hrs. Arrival and visit to the Uros floating islands.
- 12:30 hrs. Arrival in Puno.
- 07:00 hrs. Transfer from your hotel in downtown.
- 07:30 hrs. Departure to floating islands.
- 07:45 hrs. Arrival and visit to the Uros floating islands.
- 08:50 hrs. Arrival on Amantani or Taquile Island.
- 12:00 hrs. Lunch time ( Optional).
- 13:00 hrs. Optional hike around the island.
- 13:30 hrs. Departure from Taquile or Amantani ( Optional ).
- 14:00 hrs. Visit the last Island can be Amantani or Taquile.
- 16:30 hrs. Arrival in Puno.
- Professional, English speaking-Spanish guide.
- Collection from your hotel in the morning of trips departure.
- Admission ticket to the Island.
- Motor boat.