UROS AND TAQUILE ISLANDSTaquile is an island on the Peruvian side of Lake Titicaca 45 km offshore from the city of Puno. About 3.000 people live on the island, which is 5.5 by 1.6 km in size (maximum measurements), with an area of 5.72 km2. The highest point of the island is 4050 meters above sea level and the main village is at 3950 m. The inhabitants, known as Taquileños, are southern Quechua speakers.
In 2005, “Taquile and Its Textile Art” were honored by being proclaimed “Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity” by UNESCO.
- 06:40 hrs. Transfer from your hotel in downtown.
- 07:00 hrs. Departure to floating islands and Taquile.
- 07:30 hrs. Arrival and visit to the Uros floating islands.
- 11:00 hrs. Arrival on Taquile Island.
- 12:30 hrs. Lunch time.
- 13:30 hrs. Optional hike around the island.
- 15:00 hrs. Departure from Taquile Island.
- 17:30 hrs. Arrival in Puno.
- Professional, English speaking-Spanish guide.
- Collection from your hotel in the morning of trips departure.
- Admission ticket to the Island.
- Motor boat.