UROS / AMANTANI / TAQUILE ISLANDSAmantani, is an island on the Peruvian side of Lake Titicaca. The people in Quechuaspeakers divided among about 800 families. The island is circular and about 9.28 km² in size. It has two mountain peaks,Pachatata (“father earth”) and Pachamama (“mother earth”), with ancient Inca and Tiwanaku ruins on top of both. The hillsides areterraced, mostly worked by hand, and planted with wheat, quinua, potatoes, and other vegetables. Livestock, including alpacas, also graze the slopes.
Amantani is known as the “Island of the Kantuta”, after the national flower of Peru and Bolivia, which grows plentifully on the island.
FIRST DAY :
- 07:40 hrs. Transfer from your hotel in downtown.
- 08:00 hrs. Departure to floating islands.
- 08:30 hrs. Arrival and visit to the Uros floating islands.
- 09:30 hrs. Departure to Amantani.
- 12:00 hrs. Arrival to Amantani and lunch in rustic accomodation with families.
- 16:00 hrs. Visit to Pachamama or Pachatata temples.
- 18:00 hrs. Dinner in families houses.
- 19:00 hrs. Authentic music prepared and performed by families.
SECOND DAY :
- 08:30 hrs. Departure from Amantani to Taquile.
- 09:30 hrs. Visit to Taquile.
- 12:00 hrs. Lunch and return to Puno.
- 16:30 hrs. Arrival in Puno.
- Professional, English speaking-Spanish guide.
- Collection from your hotel in the morning of trips departure.
- Admission ticket to the Island.
- Motor boat.