UROS / TAQUILE / AMANTANI ISLANDS
AMANTANI, is an island on the Peruvian side of Lake Titicaca. The people in Quechuaspeakers divided among about 800 families. The island is circular and about 9.28 km² in size. It has two mountain peaks,Pachatata (“father earth”) and Pachamama (“mother earth”), with ancient Inca and Tiwanaku ruins on top of both. The hillsides areterraced, mostly worked by hand, and planted with wheat, quinua, potatoes, and other vegetables. Livestock, including alpacas, also graze the slopes.
Amantani is known as the “Island of the Kantuta”, after the national flower of Peru and Bolivia, which grows plentifully on the island.
- 07:00 hrs. Transfer from your hotel in downtown.
- 07:30 hrs. Departure to floating islands.
- 07:45 hrs. Arrival and visit to the Uros floating islands.
- 08:50 hrs. Arrival on Amantani or Taquile Island.
- 12:00 hrs. Lunch time ( Optional)
- 13:00 hrs. Optional hike around the island.
- 13:30 hrs. Departure from Taquile or Amantani ( Optional )
- 14:00 hrs. Visit the last Island can be Amantani or Taquile.
- 16:30 hrs. Arrival in Puno.
- Professional guide in programmed language.
- Transportation hotel- port -hotel.
- Admission ticket to the Island.
- Speed boat.